Some of my friends who maintain blogs asked me what I am doing to maintain a blog. So I thought of writing a posting will be helpful than answering all the questions individually.
I will list down almost all the tips and tricks that I can remember so far.
- Content: - When I am reading on how to make a good blog all the guys say that you should give good content (postings). How to write good content is the problem I face. What I am doing is I writing what I feel that hard to find using Google or if I found some new way or if I simply do something then I will write about that. And the main concern is to write more than 200 words on a posting otherwise Google will ignore it. More on boost blog traffic.
- Customizing the theme: - A blog theme should be customized. It is like a theory. Otherwise it will look like a same ordinary blog. The user who comes to read your blog should feel that you are out of (extra) ordinary. You can easily find some good themes by just searching on Google. More on Customizing Blog and Some More.
- Analytics tool: - I use Google analytics and it works fine and gives me a lot of information about the visitors. It is pretty much easy to put that on your blog also. More on Google analytics.
- Google adsense:-I'm not that good on making money online. But I have added the adsense. Anyway I have earned about 150$s so far. What you have to do is just make the background, Text and Links same as the other parts on your blog.
- Make Labels:-Categorizing the postings is a good thing. Still I am finding a good way to do that. It makes easy to maintain the posting and to identify on what you should write more. I think I have to make new set of categories and sort all my postings. So far I have 90 posting published on this blog.
- Subscription:-Make it easier to subscribe to your blog. I believe the visitors who want to subscribe are most valuable visitors because they will come back again. Make a Subscription available.
- Networks:-Registering the blog on networks is a good thing to make sure your blog is reachable. In the left side panel of this blog you can see a lot of links to those sites and if you need them please use them.
- Google webmaster: - About 85% of the visitors are coming via Google search to my blog. The best thing to make it listed on Google is to use Google Webmaster. It will make easier to control how to be paged and also you can give the site map to it. It was hard to find a way for me to get a sitemap for my blog and finally I've found what we (bloggers) have to do is submit the RSS feed URL.
- Add Some cool features:-Adding some really cool gadgets make you feel good. What I am doing is testing a lot of them and if I feel it is worth then it will be there appearing on my blog. As you can see I have added a gadget (on right top corner) to direct chat with me.
I think I have listed all the things I am doing on this blog. Please if you have more information or any good blog please share it with me.