I have seen something called SPIDER on AMD and still I 'm trying to find what the technological specifications on it are. Anyway I have found what AMD says about it and thought to share it with you. I'm pretty sure this will give more for the money we pay. The rest of this article is what AMD says about their new technology.
AMD's enthusiast platform, code-named "SPIDER," brings together an all-AMD processor, graphics card, and chipset for the most complete computing platform ever. Combining these best-in-class components gives you the ultimate computing experience with amazing scalability and exceptional efficiency.
- True quad-core performance for an incredibly powerful multitasking experience
- Superb graphics with awesome performance and stunning effects for an intensely visual experience
- Amazing performance tuning with AMD OverDrive™ technology*
- Phenomenal full resolution playback for HD-DVD and Blu-ray content
- Extraordinary platform flexibility so you can buy for today and build towards tomorrow
- Scalable graphics you crave on your budget—up to four cards all running in
ATI CrossFireX™ mode, with support for up to eight monitors
- True PCI Express® 2.0 support allows you to take full advantage of the next generation of high-speed components
- Incredible performance-per-dollar, per watt across the entire platform
- Constant monitoring of system workload and adjustment of power consumption and performance to meet user demands
The AMD "SPIDER" platform. Never before have all of the components of a platform been designed to work together so well, to push each other so far, and to enable a PC experience so complete.